(1) Promotion Description - Litehouse Foods, Inc. (the "Sponsor") is offering "What a Sweet Deal" (the "Promotion") and will award prizes via a random selection from eligible Entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") on August 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on November 30, 2012 ("Promotion Period").
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Facebook and Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, (excluding Puerto Rico and any other U.S. territories) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their state as of August 1, 2012.
This Promotion is not open to: Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively "Promotion Entities"), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories, Quebec and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
(3) How to Enter - Visit www.litehousesweetdeal.com or www.facebook.com/Litehouse (the "Litehouse Foods Facebook page") and complete the registration form with your first/last name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, date of birth and your acknowledgement of the Official Rule, (your "Entry"). To enter the Promotion via the Litehouse Foods Facebook page, entrants must first "like" (or have previously "liked") the Litehouse Foods Facebook page. You will have the opportunity to elect to receive electronic information from the Sponsor; opting to receive information is not a requirement of entry nor does it affect your chances of winning. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per e-mail address and a limit of one (1) prize per household.
REFER A FRIEND (Optional): On the entry form, you are invited to submit the name and e-mail addresses of up to three (3) "Friends." The people you refer will receive an e-mail notifying them about the Promotion. "Friends" are those with whom you have a personal or professional relationship and who are eligible to enter the Promotion. You are solely responsible for obtaining permission from anyone whose e-mail address you submit. You may refer up to three (3) unique Friends. For each referral (Maximum of 3) with valid e-mail addresses, you will be given one (1) additional entry into the promotion for a total maximum of three (3) additional entries. You may not receive an additional entry for anyone you refer who has previously entered the promotion or who has been referred by another entrant.
You must not use the "Refer a Friend" feature for any other use other than to refer friends to the Promotion. Without limitation, you must not use the "Refer a Friend" to send e-mails: (i) to strangers; (ii) multiple referrals to the same friend; (iii) unsolicited e-mail; and (iv) "spam". Each friend can only be invited to enter the Promotion once. If two or more entrants refer the same friend(s), only the entrant who first referred the friend to the Promotion (as determined by Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion) will receive an extra entry. An invalid "Refer a Friend" e-mail address submitted by the entrant will not receive a bonus entry into the Promotion.
Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. Entries generated by a script, macro, "bot", or other automated means will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous e-mail addresses, the use of a sweepstakes service, the use of multiple identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Information collected from an entrant is used only for the purpose of the Sponsor's market analysis, prize drawing and winner notification, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner by Promotion Entities or any third parties unless entrant has elected to receive additional information and promotional material from the Sponsor.
(5) Prizes - One (1) iPad(R) (32 GB) with Wi-Fi + Cellular (awarded as a $750 Apple Gift Card), Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") $750 USD. Ten (10) $50 iTunes(R) Gift Card, ARV $50 USD. Forty (40) $20 iTunes(R) Gift Card, ARV $20 USD. Nine hundred fifty (950) $10 iTunes(R) Gift Card, ARV $10 USD. There are a total of one thousand one (1,001) prizes available with a total ARV of all prizes of $11,500 USD. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received at the end of the Promotion Period; i.e., if 1,000,000 entries are received the odds of winning are 1:1,000,000.
(6) Prize Awarding - Winners will be randomly selected in a drawing conducted on or about December 6, 2012. Potential iPad(R) winner will be contacted the same business day of the drawing by e-mail and/or phone ("Prize Notification") and will be required to satisfactorily complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and W-9 (collectively "Affidavit"), (unless prohibited by law). The Affidavit must be returned within seven (7) days of provision of the document. In completing the Affidavit the potential winner will be required to provide his/her social security or tax ID number, which will be used solely for the purposes of Sponsor's legal compliance in filing US Tax Form 1099. Potential winner will also be required to send a copy of his/her passport, driver's license, birth certificate or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. Non-compliance with any of these requirements will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. All other iTunes Gift Card winners will receive a Prize Notification via e-mail within three (3) business days of the drawing and will be asked to confirm prize acceptance by replying the Prize Notification e-mail. Confirmed winners of the iTunes Gift Cards will receive their prize via electronic delivery via e-mail to the e-mail address confirmed in the Prize Notification process. The parent or legal guardian of any prize winner under the age of 18 will be required to accept the prize on the winner's behalf. In compliance with Canadian law, any potential Canadian prize winner will be required to correctly answer a multiple part skill/math question as a condition of being named a confirmed winner. Any prize won by a Canadian will be fulfilled as the ARV cash equivalent by check in U.S. Dollars. If the winner of the iPad(R) prize is a Canadian resident the prize will be fulfilled as a check for the ARV of the prize in U.S. Dollars, less 30% which the Sponsor will remit to the U.S. IRS in compliance with U.S. tax law.
Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish winner's proper name and State/Province of residence online in connection with the Promotion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item; (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person or (c) redeem his/her prize for cash (except for Canadian winners as described above). All federal, state, provincial, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
(7) General -By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be binding and final, without right of appeal, with respect to any and all matters relating to the Promotion, including without limitation, as to eligibility and/or disqualification of entries; and (2) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules except where prohibited by law; and (3) releases the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion, the Entrant's participating therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) from any Entrant.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, including without limitation using bots, scripts or other mechanisms to automate the receipt of entries as solely determined by the Sponsor and/or its Promotion Administrator will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Entrant's eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
(8) Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution - This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Idaho applicable to contracts made and performed in the State of Idaho, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction and Entrants irrevocably consent to the Jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of Idaho; and (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SPONSOR'S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE STATED ARV OF THE PRIZES OFFERED HEREUNDER. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision. These Official Rules are intended to be the complete, final and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement between each Entrant and the Sponsor relating to the subject matter hereof.
(9) Winners List - For a list of winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2012 to: Litehouse What a Sweet Deal Winners List, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.)
(10) Sponsor -
Litehouse Foods, Inc.
1109 North Ella
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864.
(11) Administrator -
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
iPad and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Apple, Inc. is not a sponsor of or in anyway affiliated with this promotion.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.